Sunday 8 January 2012

Photo of a lioness from a magazine cover



Beautiful photograph of a lioness from a magazine cover.

I came across the magazine by chance, when I was staying at a guest-house, during a visit to Thailand some years ago.  I don't know the name of the photographer, but I'd like to send him or her my compliments here, for giving us such an incandescent picture - I love the intense, fiery light in the lioness' eyes.

It makes me remember.......  There was a time,once, at Nairobi Safari Walk, in Kenya, when I was just a few  inches away from a lioness.  Only a wire fence separated us.  The heat that radiated from that fiery being...  I could actually feel it blasting outward - it was like standing in front of a gigantic fire - a furnace.

Mind you, that particular lioness was in a calm and tranquil mood.  She'd simply come up to the fence out of curiosity.  I stood there quietly with her, for a few moments.  And yet, I could still feel the immense, tremendous lion-fire - like an aura.......  Unforgettable.......